Ann Romney to guest-host 'Good Morning America'
NEW YORK -- Ann Romney is guest-hosting "Good Morning America" next Wednesday.
ABC says the wife of Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney will be on hand at the morning news program for its 8 a.m. (Eastern time) hour. Joining George Stephanopoulos at the anchor desk, Mrs. Romney will be filling in for co-anchor Robin Roberts, who is on extended medical leave.
ABC says it is in discussions with first lady Michelle Obama for a similar guest appearance when her schedule allows.
Stephen Colbert, Oprah Winfrey and the cast of "Modern Family" have previously been announced to substitute for Roberts, who had a bone marrow transplant last month.
Roberts' absence came as "Good Morning America" has overtaken NBC's "Today" show in the ratings after years in second place.
michelle obama, mitt romney, barack obama, election day, democrats, republicans, voting, good morning america, politics
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- VIRAL VIDEO OF THE DAY: Record-breaking jump 11 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos