Election 2012: Fire district tax appears to be failing
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. -- A parcel tax measure that would boost funding for the financially strapped Contra Costa County Fire Protection District appears to be headed toward failure.
Measure Q, which requires two-thirds approval to pass, had received only 51 percent of the vote as of 10 p.m., with 205 of 453 precincts reporting.
Without the passage of Measure Q, fire district officials have said they anticipate the closure of 10 of the district's 28 stations.
election day, elections, voter information, voting, oakland, animal, politics
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA 25 min ago
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- Police investigate shootings that hospitalized two men
- Credit card skimming devices found at 2 gas stations
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos