Election 2012: Fire district tax appears to be failing
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. -- A parcel tax measure that would boost funding for the financially strapped Contra Costa County Fire Protection District appears to be headed toward failure.
Measure Q, which requires two-thirds approval to pass, had received only 51 percent of the vote as of 10 p.m., with 205 of 453 precincts reporting.
Without the passage of Measure Q, fire district officials have said they anticipate the closure of 10 of the district's 28 stations.
election day, elections, voter information, voting, oakland, animal, politics
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos