Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer to meet with president
Today the president is meeting with Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer.
She's part of a roundtable of business leaders discussing ways to avoid the year-end fiscal cliff. The president said today he hopes to have an agreement by Christmas. He's also urging the public to pressure Congress through social media.
The fiscal cliff refers to the $2,200 tax hike that could hit a family of four if middle class tax cuts aren't renewed.
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse 40 min ago
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults 55 min ago
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 39 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday