Speier introduces "Stop Harming our Kids" resolution
Bay Area Congresswoman Jackie Speier introduced what she's calling her "Stop Harming our Kids" resolution Wednesday morning on Capitol Hill. It's aimed at protecting minors from sexual orientation therapy.
Speier said the controversial treatment designed to convince gays and lesbians to go straight often does more harm than good, especially among teenagers. Critics call it junk science amounting to psychological abuse.
California's ahead of the curve. Governor Brown signed a bill last month banning gay conversion therapy for minors.
jackie speier, children, lgbt, politics
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos