Speier introduces "Stop Harming our Kids" resolution
Bay Area Congresswoman Jackie Speier introduced what she's calling her "Stop Harming our Kids" resolution Wednesday morning on Capitol Hill. It's aimed at protecting minors from sexual orientation therapy.
Speier said the controversial treatment designed to convince gays and lesbians to go straight often does more harm than good, especially among teenagers. Critics call it junk science amounting to psychological abuse.
California's ahead of the curve. Governor Brown signed a bill last month banning gay conversion therapy for minors.
jackie speier, children, lgbt, politics
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos