2012 tax refunds possibly delayed
You can blame the late Fiscal Cliff deal if your tax refund is delayed this year.
The IRS can't put out 2012 tax forms until it knows what the tax policy is.
Since congress did not reach a deal until January 1, the agency is still trying to re-program its systems and issue tax forms based on the revised laws.
This could delay the start of the tax filing season which usually begins in mid January.
taxes, refund, barack obama, congress, politics
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore 22 min ago
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
33 min ago
- Woman attacked by 200-pound bear
48 min ago
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos