2012 tax refunds possibly delayed
You can blame the late Fiscal Cliff deal if your tax refund is delayed this year.
The IRS can't put out 2012 tax forms until it knows what the tax policy is.
Since congress did not reach a deal until January 1, the agency is still trying to re-program its systems and issue tax forms based on the revised laws.
This could delay the start of the tax filing season which usually begins in mid January.
taxes, refund, barack obama, congress, politics
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo 5 min ago
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos