Hundreds buy firearms, ammunition during gun show
VALLEJO, Calif (KGO) -- Hundreds of people lined up Saturday to buy firearms and ammunition during a gun show in Vallejo.
It just wrapped up at the Solano County Fairgrounds.
Show organizers says crowds have been larger since the Connecticut school tragedy, with law abiding people concerned about their Second Amendment right to bear arms.
"If you look around here at the show you'll see nothing but a bunch of good old boys you know constitutional, bible thumping American citizens here. Moms pushing their babies around in the carts," gun show organizer Rick Smith said.
"Four weeks ago you could walk to the ticket counter, you could walk right in the door. And also the tickets jumped up, the parking jumped up. They're basicialy capitalizing on all this," Oakley resident Ken Norvell said.
Some people who attended Saturday's gun show say prices for guns and ammunition have almost doubled in recent weeks.
The gun show continues Sunday.
NRA, guns, vallejo, politics
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry 12 min ago
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos