Poll: Nancy Pelosi well known, unlikeable
According to a new Gallup poll, nearly 80 percent of Americans know who House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is, making her the most recognized of the four congressional leaders.
However, the survey also finds that the San Francisco democrat is also the most unpopular member of Congress.
According to the poll, Pelosi is also the most polarizing figure in the congressional leadership. She has the greatest disparity between popularity with members of her own party and unpopularity with members of the opposing party.
nancy pelosi, congress, study, politics
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Former SF supe sued; New Sebastopol mayor
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday