Andrews' stalker gets 2.5 years in prison
LOS ANGELES -- An insurance executive who secretly shot nude videos of ESPN reporter Erin Andrews has been sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison.
Michael Barrett pleaded guilty in December to interstate stalking after prosecutors accused him of shooting the videos through hotel peepholes in three cities. He was sentenced Monday in a federal court in Los Angeles after he made a tearful apology.
Barrett of suburban Chicago agreed to a 27-month prison sentence after pleading guilty.<P But Andrews called him a sexual predator and angrily argued in court for him to be sentenced for as long as the law allows.<P Andrews works as a sideline reporter for ESPN's game telecasts.<P She will also appear on the new season of ABC-TV's "Dancing with the Stars."
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 43 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 40 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Little progress made in search for missing...
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos