San Francisco's Ocean Beach to host surf contest
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco's Ocean Beach will now play host to some of the world's best surfers.
The Rip Curl Surf Association announced Sunday that Ocean Beach has been selected for this year's Search event.
Rip Curl moves the event yearly in hopes of bringing the best surfers in the world to a spot that has never had a world class surf competition before.
This year's Search contest is scheduled for November 1-11.
ocean beach, sports
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday