Oracle sailing team unharmed after capsizing
NEW ZEALAND (KGO) -- Oracle's America's Cup sailing team escaped unharmed after a mishap in New Zealand Tuesday.
Oracle's catamaran capsized off of Auckland, sustaining minor damage, but Oracle expects it to race again Wednesday. The captain told the Daily Sail, "We just weren't quite set up right for that run."
Other crews also encountered trouble in the high winds and choppy waters.
oracle, america's cup, sports
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday