Weather changes start of 2nd leg of Amgen Tour
TRUCKEE, Calif. (KGO) -- The second leg of the Amgen Tour of California bicycle race is will begin Monday, but from a different location.
Race organizers moved it from Squaw Valley to Nevada City because of bad weather conditions. The first leg of the race at Lake Tahoe was canceled Sunday because of snow and rain.
The race is set to arrive in the Bay Area on Wednesday with stage four from Livermore to San Jose.
snow, sierra, sports
- Jahi McMath's family to hold rally, march in Oakland 48 min ago
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 55 min ago
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Jahi McMath's mother writes letter about daughter
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Neighbors: Nevada gunman had botched vasectomy
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos