Weather changes start of 2nd leg of Amgen Tour
TRUCKEE, Calif. (KGO) -- The second leg of the Amgen Tour of California bicycle race is will begin Monday, but from a different location.
Race organizers moved it from Squaw Valley to Nevada City because of bad weather conditions. The first leg of the race at Lake Tahoe was canceled Sunday because of snow and rain.
The race is set to arrive in the Bay Area on Wednesday with stage four from Livermore to San Jose.
snow, sierra, sports
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond 2 min ago
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Firefighters battling 3-alarm grass fire in Orinda 33 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Gov. Brown cites safety in possible bridge delay
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- Publicist: Founding member of The Doors dies at 74 26 min ago
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra 50 min ago
- roundup: Bay to Breakers fall; Oakland Hills fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday