America's Cup focuses on building TV audience
SAN FRANCISCO BAY (KGO) -- The America's Cup teams are getting ready to race. The first event leading up to the big event in San Francisco in two years is about to kick off in Portugal.
This America's Cup is really changing the game for both racers and spectators. They're hoping to sell the event to a television audience, fast and furious.
In an interview Oracle CEO Larry Ellison told ABC7 San Francisco is an ideal place for the America's Cup because of the wind and because the broadcasters can count on the race starting on time.
san francisco bay, america's cup, oracle, sports, mark matthews
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos