America's Cup focuses on building TV audience
SAN FRANCISCO BAY (KGO) -- The America's Cup teams are getting ready to race. The first event leading up to the big event in San Francisco in two years is about to kick off in Portugal.
This America's Cup is really changing the game for both racers and spectators. They're hoping to sell the event to a television audience, fast and furious.
In an interview Oracle CEO Larry Ellison told ABC7 San Francisco is an ideal place for the America's Cup because of the wind and because the broadcasters can count on the race starting on time.
san francisco bay, america's cup, oracle, sports, mark matthews
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 1 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 in SJ under investigation 1 min ago
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday