Gold medalist Shaun White to train at Northstar
BROOMFIELD, Colo. -- Vail Resorts Inc. has reached a multiyear partnership agreement with snowboarder and skateboarder Shaun White.
The two-time Olympic halfpipe gold medalist will represent all of the ski company's resorts in Colorado and California under the deal but is making Northstar at Lake Tahoe his home mountain and primary training resort. He will also design a 22-foot halfpipe at Northstar.
The company said Tuesday that it also will donate $5 to White's chosen charity, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, for each Epic Season Pass it sells. Other terms weren't disclosed.
Broomfield, Colo.-based Vail Resorts owns Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado and Heavenly and Northstar in California.
In 2009, Vail Resorts announced a four-year sponsorship deal with skier Lindsey Vonn, who then made Vail her home.
lake tahoe, sierra, sports
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault 21 min ago
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties 2 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday