Gold medalist Shaun White to train at Northstar
BROOMFIELD, Colo. -- Vail Resorts Inc. has reached a multiyear partnership agreement with snowboarder and skateboarder Shaun White.
The two-time Olympic halfpipe gold medalist will represent all of the ski company's resorts in Colorado and California under the deal but is making Northstar at Lake Tahoe his home mountain and primary training resort. He will also design a 22-foot halfpipe at Northstar.
The company said Tuesday that it also will donate $5 to White's chosen charity, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, for each Epic Season Pass it sells. Other terms weren't disclosed.
Broomfield, Colo.-based Vail Resorts owns Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado and Heavenly and Northstar in California.
In 2009, Vail Resorts announced a four-year sponsorship deal with skier Lindsey Vonn, who then made Vail her home.
lake tahoe, sierra, sports
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 20 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire 43 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 48 min ago
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
43 min ago
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
48 min ago