Couple donates $10 million to Cal Athletics
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A generous donation from a San Francisco couple will go to help support athletics at UC Berkeley.
The school announced Monday that philanthropists Lisa and Douglas Goldman have donated $10 million to Cal Athletics. The couple earlier donated $1 million to help save Cal baseball.
In recognition of the Goldmans' generosity, Cal says before Memorial Stadium reopens for its first football game on Sept. 1, it will add the "Lisa and Douglas Goldman Plaza."
berkeley, uc berkeley, sports
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Dawson go-ahead field goal lifts 49ers by Seattle
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Time announces finalists for Person of the Year 48 min ago
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos