Community rallies behind Petaluma Little Leaguers
PETALUMA (KGO) -- Sports delirium is what's happening in Petaluma. Their team is a big step closer to playing in the finals of the Little League World Series in Pennsylvania.
The team won in dramatic fashion Tuesday night, earning itself a spot in the U.S. division semifinals. Pitcher Quinton Gago led the team to victory over Fairfield, Connecticut, shutting them out five to nothing.
The team will play again Thursday, facing off against the losers of Wednesday's game between the team from Texas and from Tennessee.
And while the boys are working hard in Pennsylvania, the community is rallying behind its team back at home.
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 48 min ago
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 22 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter 25 min ago
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday