Community rallies behind Petaluma Little Leaguers
PETALUMA (KGO) -- Sports delirium is what's happening in Petaluma. Their team is a big step closer to playing in the finals of the Little League World Series in Pennsylvania.
The team won in dramatic fashion Tuesday night, earning itself a spot in the U.S. division semifinals. Pitcher Quinton Gago led the team to victory over Fairfield, Connecticut, shutting them out five to nothing.
The team will play again Thursday, facing off against the losers of Wednesday's game between the team from Texas and from Tennessee.
And while the boys are working hard in Pennsylvania, the community is rallying behind its team back at home.
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault 1 min ago
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance 51 min ago
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS 22 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills...
22 min ago