Community rallies behind Petaluma Little Leaguers
PETALUMA (KGO) -- Sports delirium is what's happening in Petaluma. Their team is a big step closer to playing in the finals of the Little League World Series in Pennsylvania.
The team won in dramatic fashion Tuesday night, earning itself a spot in the U.S. division semifinals. Pitcher Quinton Gago led the team to victory over Fairfield, Connecticut, shutting them out five to nothing.
The team will play again Thursday, facing off against the losers of Wednesday's game between the team from Texas and from Tennessee.
And while the boys are working hard in Pennsylvania, the community is rallying behind its team back at home.
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge 4 min ago
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Richmond postpones suing Chevron over refinery fire
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole 7 min ago
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos