Matt Cain throws pizza party for little leaguers
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KGO) -- There was one more honor left for the Petaluma National All-Stars Little League team, and it involved pizza and a Giant.
Giants pitcher Matt Cain treated the team and their families to pizza in San Francisco. Cain signed autographs, jerseys, and posed for several pictures. One player said this event was almost better than being in the championship game."Just having a pizza party with Matt Cain, I mean, it's amazing right now," player Andrew White said. "Most people dream to be with him and to actually meet him in person is really cool."
Cain had to leave early to get to Sunday's game against the Dodgers, but the little league team stayed to chow down on deep dish and thin crust.
petaluma, san francisco giants, sports
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire