Matt Cain throws pizza party for little leaguers
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KGO) -- There was one more honor left for the Petaluma National All-Stars Little League team, and it involved pizza and a Giant.
Giants pitcher Matt Cain treated the team and their families to pizza in San Francisco. Cain signed autographs, jerseys, and posed for several pictures. One player said this event was almost better than being in the championship game."Just having a pizza party with Matt Cain, I mean, it's amazing right now," player Andrew White said. "Most people dream to be with him and to actually meet him in person is really cool."
Cain had to leave early to get to Sunday's game against the Dodgers, but the little league team stayed to chow down on deep dish and thin crust.
petaluma, san francisco giants, sports
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes 46 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test 7 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Orinda fire; Obama coming to Bay Area
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday