Matt Cain throws pizza party for little leaguers
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KGO) -- There was one more honor left for the Petaluma National All-Stars Little League team, and it involved pizza and a Giant.
Giants pitcher Matt Cain treated the team and their families to pizza in San Francisco. Cain signed autographs, jerseys, and posed for several pictures. One player said this event was almost better than being in the championship game."Just having a pizza party with Matt Cain, I mean, it's amazing right now," player Andrew White said. "Most people dream to be with him and to actually meet him in person is really cool."
Cain had to leave early to get to Sunday's game against the Dodgers, but the little league team stayed to chow down on deep dish and thin crust.
petaluma, san francisco giants, sports
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose 13 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 43 min ago
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Man with ties to Boston suspect fatally shot by FBI 23 min ago
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday