Waterfront concert venue planned for America's Cup
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Ramping up for the America's Cup in San Francisco this fall, organizers have announced plans for a temporary waterfront concert facility on Piers 27 and 29.
Construction on the 9,000-seat America's Cup Pavilion will begin this spring. It will host concerts, comedy acts, and family shows, as well as America's Cup events.
Live Nation is sponsoring the Pavilion and has announced that Sting is the first headliner they've booked. He'll perform June 2 and tickets will go on sale next month.
america's cup, san francisco bay, music, sports
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- San Jose structure fire displaces 5 people 49 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos