Waterfront concert venue planned for America's Cup
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Ramping up for the America's Cup in San Francisco this fall, organizers have announced plans for a temporary waterfront concert facility on Piers 27 and 29.
Construction on the 9,000-seat America's Cup Pavilion will begin this spring. It will host concerts, comedy acts, and family shows, as well as America's Cup events.
Live Nation is sponsoring the Pavilion and has announced that Sting is the first headliner they've booked. He'll perform June 2 and tickets will go on sale next month.
america's cup, san francisco bay, music, sports
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF 21 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student 22 min ago
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos