Waterfront concert venue planned for America's Cup
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Ramping up for the America's Cup in San Francisco this fall, organizers have announced plans for a temporary waterfront concert facility on Piers 27 and 29.
Construction on the 9,000-seat America's Cup Pavilion will begin this spring. It will host concerts, comedy acts, and family shows, as well as America's Cup events.
Live Nation is sponsoring the Pavilion and has announced that Sting is the first headliner they've booked. He'll perform June 2 and tickets will go on sale next month.
america's cup, san francisco bay, music, sports
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 3 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side 18 min ago
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court 50 min ago
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver 11 min ago
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos