Waterfront concert venue planned for America's Cup
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Ramping up for the America's Cup in San Francisco this fall, organizers have announced plans for a temporary waterfront concert facility on Piers 27 and 29.
Construction on the 9,000-seat America's Cup Pavilion will begin this spring. It will host concerts, comedy acts, and family shows, as well as America's Cup events.
Live Nation is sponsoring the Pavilion and has announced that Sting is the first headliner they've booked. He'll perform June 2 and tickets will go on sale next month.
america's cup, san francisco bay, music, sports
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"... 58 min ago
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 6 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
2 min ago