Waterfront concert venue planned for America's Cup
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Ramping up for the America's Cup in San Francisco this fall, organizers have announced plans for a temporary waterfront concert facility on Piers 27 and 29.
Construction on the 9,000-seat America's Cup Pavilion will begin this spring. It will host concerts, comedy acts, and family shows, as well as America's Cup events.
Live Nation is sponsoring the Pavilion and has announced that Sting is the first headliner they've booked. He'll perform June 2 and tickets will go on sale next month.
america's cup, san francisco bay, music, sports
- Obama: 'Lives have been saved' by NSA programs 53 min ago
- BART police chief bringing auditor to assess reforms 16 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations
- SF approves new regulations for food trucks
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Colma BART fatality; Fatal house fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday