Super Bowl loss casts bad luck over Bay Area sports
The 49ers' Super Bowl loss has cast a spell of bad luck over the Bay Area's two other major professional sports teams.
Since the Niners' defeat, neither the Golden State Warriors nor the San Jose Sharks have won a single game. They're a combined 0 and 10.
The Houston Rockets handed the Warriors their fifth straight loss Tuesday night at Oracle Arena.
Meanwhile, the Sharks have also dropped five straight since the Super Bowl. They lost in overtime to the Nashville Predators Tuesday night. Overall, the Sharks have lost six in a row.
However, it's not like these are bad teams, both remain near the top in their divisions.
super bowl, san francisco 49ers, golden state warriors, san jose sharks, sports
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 33
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101 50 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest 27 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Counties tell Brown they need money for his law 54 min ago
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban 15 min ago
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide 3 min ago