Texans' JJ Watt target of Internet hoax
HOUSTON -- Texans Star J.J. Watt is slamming reports of bodily injury that have been circulating on the Internet.
Social media blew up on Thursday with a hoax that claimed Watt had suffered two broken legs in an accident in Miami. All are false.
Watt's working out with his teammates and glad to help after a quick call home Thursday.
"It's kind of a sad day when I have to call my mom and let her know not to believe a report that somebody made up. But, I mean, that's the world we live in today," he said. "It's kind of sad but I understand that it is part of the job. And you've got to do what you've got to do I guess."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach 56 min ago
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- False hopes dismay in search for missing jet
2 min ago