Artemis returns to bay for first time since accident
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Artemis Racing team returned to San Francisco Bay for practice Tuesday for the first time since a teammate was killed during training last month.
The Swedish sailing team is still considering whether to compete in the America's Cup, following the death of one of its sailors. Andrew "Bart" Simpson died on May 9 when his boat capsized, trapping him underwater.
Artemis Racing says it will only compete if its sailing team feels safe.
america's cup, san francisco bay, sports
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 50 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
4 min ago