Artemis returns to bay for first time since accident
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Artemis Racing team returned to San Francisco Bay for practice Tuesday for the first time since a teammate was killed during training last month.
The Swedish sailing team is still considering whether to compete in the America's Cup, following the death of one of its sailors. Andrew "Bart" Simpson died on May 9 when his boat capsized, trapping him underwater.
Artemis Racing says it will only compete if its sailing team feels safe.
america's cup, san francisco bay, sports
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Cal students led move toward divestment 21 min ago
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday