Report: Louis Vuitton wants America's Cup refund
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- One of the big sponsors of the America's Cup wants a hefty refund.
The French retailer's contract was based on at least eight teams competing in the Louis Vuitton Cup, the two month round robin competition that determines which team will sail against Oracle team USA for the America's Cup. There are only three teams competing in the challenger series.
The SF Business Times report says Louis Vuitton is entitled to a $1 million rebate for each team less than six that participates.
america's cup, san francisco bay, wind, sports
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 59 min ago
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game 30 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Man fined $525 for refilling drink without paying 31 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Firework thrown into bleachers during...
30 min ago