Report: Louis Vuitton wants America's Cup refund
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- One of the big sponsors of the America's Cup wants a hefty refund.
The French retailer's contract was based on at least eight teams competing in the Louis Vuitton Cup, the two month round robin competition that determines which team will sail against Oracle team USA for the America's Cup. There are only three teams competing in the challenger series.
The SF Business Times report says Louis Vuitton is entitled to a $1 million rebate for each team less than six that participates.
america's cup, san francisco bay, wind, sports
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach 33 min ago
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 31 min ago
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd 8 min ago