New Zealand team has its America's Cup boat blessed
SAN FRANCISCO -- Emirates Team New Zealand, a leading contender in this year's America's Cup, was scheduled to have its boat blessed Sunday morning at a customary Maori boat blessing.
At the customary Maori boat blessing, New Zealand's own Atamira dancers will perform a series of unique dances in traditional Maori dress.
The ceremony is a part of a celebration of New Zealand with a series of high-profile events at venues throughout the city - a tribute to the Kiwi way of life.
The boat blessing was scheduled for 11:20 a.m. at the Louis Vuitton state at North Point.
america's cup, san francisco bay, boats, sports
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault 8 min ago
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance 59 min ago
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS 1 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills...
1 min ago