Emirates Team New Zealand broke rules for Tom Cruise
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Emirates Team New Zealand beat Italy's Luna Rossa by 3 minutes, 21 seconds in their final meeting in the round-robins in the America's Cup challenger trials Sunday on San Francisco Bay.
Video released by Team New Zealand shows Cruise and his 19-year-old son Connor on San Francisco Bay on Sunday.
Under new safety rules that were put in place after the death of Artemis crew member Andrew Simpson during an accident in May, guests are now banned on the race course.
Team New Zealand was censured for the violation by the regatta director, but said the publicity stunt was worth it.
america's cup, san francisco bay, boats, competition, oracle, celebrity, sports
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday