Emirates Team New Zealand broke rules for Tom Cruise
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Emirates Team New Zealand beat Italy's Luna Rossa by 3 minutes, 21 seconds in their final meeting in the round-robins in the America's Cup challenger trials Sunday on San Francisco Bay.
Video released by Team New Zealand shows Cruise and his 19-year-old son Connor on San Francisco Bay on Sunday.
Under new safety rules that were put in place after the death of Artemis crew member Andrew Simpson during an accident in May, guests are now banned on the race course.
Team New Zealand was censured for the violation by the regatta director, but said the publicity stunt was worth it.
america's cup, san francisco bay, boats, competition, oracle, celebrity, sports
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 6 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos