Emirates Team New Zealand broke rules for Tom Cruise
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Emirates Team New Zealand beat Italy's Luna Rossa by 3 minutes, 21 seconds in their final meeting in the round-robins in the America's Cup challenger trials Sunday on San Francisco Bay.
Video released by Team New Zealand shows Cruise and his 19-year-old son Connor on San Francisco Bay on Sunday.
Under new safety rules that were put in place after the death of Artemis crew member Andrew Simpson during an accident in May, guests are now banned on the race course.
Team New Zealand was censured for the violation by the regatta director, but said the publicity stunt was worth it.
america's cup, san francisco bay, boats, competition, oracle, celebrity, sports
- Palo Alto man detained in NKorea lands at SFO 57 min ago
- Cold snap brings snow, icy conditions to Bay Area
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Crews investigating cause of water main break 20 min ago
- AMBER Alert suspect may be heading to Mexico
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Police investigating fatal accident in San Jose
- 1 dead, 1 injured in gun battle near Lil Scrappy show
- Report: Occidental again underreports sex assaults
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
7 min ago