Belmont Little League team clinches top seed
BELMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- A Peninsula team has clinched the top seed going into Friday night's semifinals of the Little League Western Regional.
On Wednesday night, a viewing party was held at Carlmont High School in Belmont to watch the Belmont-Redwood Shores All-Stars play Chula Vista. Both teams were undefeated in pool play going in. Belmont rallied to pull out a three-to-two win -- setting up tomorrow's semifinal against Arizona -- a team they shut out earlier in pool play. They are now two wins from clinching a spot in the Little League World Series.
Friday night's game against Arizona will be televised at 6 p.m. on our sister network, ESPN. The winner plays in the west region final on Saturday for the trip to Williamsport.
You can support the BRSLL All-Stars by participating in the Battle of the Bay - Whiffle Ball Tournament (Ages 6-12) on Saturday August 10.
belmont, redwood shores, sports
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos