Aggies suspend 4 players for 2 games
COLLEGE STATION, TX -- No. 7 Texas A&M has announced the suspensions of four players for two games just minutes before the start of the season-opener against Rice.
Cornerback De'Vante Harris, linebacker Steven Jenkins, defensive end Gavin Stansbury and receiver Edward Pope have all been suspended for the first two games of the season for violating team rules.
Harris, Jenkins, Stansbury were all listed as starters on the most recent depth chart.
The Aggies are also missing Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel for the first half on Saturday after he was suspended for an "inadvertent" NCAA rules violation earlier this week.
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree 19 min ago
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire