Texans coach Gary Kubiak names TJ Yates backup for Matt Schaub
HOUSTON -- One of the biggest questions of the Texans' preseason now has an answer. TJ Yates has won the backup quarterback job over former UH star Case Keenum.
Texans coach Gary Kubiak made the announcement this afternoon. Yates has been the No. 2 guy behind starter Matt Schaub each of the last two seasons and has just as many playoff wins. He was going up against Keenum, a fan favorite here in Houston, for the job.
Both played well in the preseason. Yates was 35 of 50 for 482 yards and four TDs. Keenum was 43 of 63 for 482 yards and three TDs.
The regular season begins on Monday, September 9 against the San Diego Chargers. It's a game you can catch on ABC13.
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school 50 min ago
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained 44 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
22 min ago
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos