Kiwis close within one win of America's Cup
SAN FRANCISCO -- High winds again postponed the finals of the America's Cup sailing races Wednesday afternoon in San Francisco as Emirates Team New Zealand was one race from winning the regatta.
The New Zealand team won the first race of the day, but the second was called off moments before the boats approached the starting line.
Emirates Team New Zealand leads the America's Cup Finals 8-1 and can clinch the cup Thursday when racing resumes.
More information about the races can be found online at www.americascup.com.
america's cup, san francisco bay, boats, competition, sports
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 34 min ago
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco 24 min ago
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified 21 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office 5 min ago
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers 39 min ago
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing 11 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos