Kiwis close within one win of America's Cup
SAN FRANCISCO -- High winds again postponed the finals of the America's Cup sailing races Wednesday afternoon in San Francisco as Emirates Team New Zealand was one race from winning the regatta.
The New Zealand team won the first race of the day, but the second was called off moments before the boats approached the starting line.
Emirates Team New Zealand leads the America's Cup Finals 8-1 and can clinch the cup Thursday when racing resumes.
More information about the races can be found online at www.americascup.com.
america's cup, san francisco bay, boats, competition, sports
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday