Rockets down Spurs 104-98, lock up home court in first round of NBA playoffs against Portland
HOUSTON -- Chandler Parsons scored 21 points and Dwight Howard and Terrence Jones added 20 apiece to lift the Houston Rockets to a 104-98 win over the San Antonio Spurs on Monday night.
The victory gave No. 4 seed Houston home-court advantage in their first-round playoff series with Portland.
San Antonio used a big run at the beginning of the fourth quarter to go on top and was up by three later in the period when Houston scored eight straight to regain the lead, 95-90.
A layup by Jeff Ayres got the Spurs within four points before James Harden knocked down a long 2-pointer with less than a minute left to make it 100-94.
Marco Belinelli had 17 points to lead the Spurs, who limited the minutes of stars Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili with their top seed in the Western Conference playoffs already secure.
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 10 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 25 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover 22 min ago
- Consumer Reports puts toothbrushes to the test 24 min ago
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 21 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir 41 min ago
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch 1 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates...
41 min ago