Brazilian kiteboarder sets world record
Brazilian Reno Romeu set a Guinness world record after successfully completing seven spins in a single jump in the sport of kiteboarding.
Romeu and the other competitors each had five minutes to do their spins.
The one with the most spins in a single jump was declared the winner of the 2013 kiteboarding world cup in China.
"So I feel pretty good; when I landed, I was like 'Whoa, I did it!' It's pretty cool," Romeu said.
Romeu says spinning really isn't the hard part; sticking the landing is much more difficult and the most important part.
world record, china, sports
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport 36 min ago
- Brentwood students in trouble for nude selfies 15 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos