Arian Foster to miss Sunday's game against Arizona
HOUSTON -- If the Texans are going to snap their six-game slide this weekend against Arizona, they'll have to do it without Arian Foster.
Interim head coach Wade Phillips told the media today that a back injury will keep Foster out Sunday for the Texans game against the Cardinals, leaving Ben Tate to carry much of the load. Tate, who's playing with broken ribs, ran for 81 yards on 22 carries last week against Indianapolis. Deji Karim and Dennis Johnson will back Tate up.
Foster didn't practice all week after injuring his back on Houston's first series against Indianapolis last week. He also missed most of Houston's previous game with a hamstring problem.
Phillips also said Ed Reed will not start on Sunday and will only play on passing downs.
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire