Arian Foster to miss Sunday's game against Arizona
HOUSTON -- If the Texans are going to snap their six-game slide this weekend against Arizona, they'll have to do it without Arian Foster.
Interim head coach Wade Phillips told the media today that a back injury will keep Foster out Sunday for the Texans game against the Cardinals, leaving Ben Tate to carry much of the load. Tate, who's playing with broken ribs, ran for 81 yards on 22 carries last week against Indianapolis. Deji Karim and Dennis Johnson will back Tate up.
Foster didn't practice all week after injuring his back on Houston's first series against Indianapolis last week. He also missed most of Houston's previous game with a hamstring problem.
Phillips also said Ed Reed will not start on Sunday and will only play on passing downs.
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor 30 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
22 min ago