$20,000 donation helps youth football team
Thanks to our viewers, including one especially generous viewer, a Bay Area Pop Warner football team can contend for the national super bowl.
Zach Nelson, the CEO of NetSuite, donated $20,000 Friday morning to the Bay Cities Bulldogs Midgets. He said the team's pleas for financial support moved him.
ABC7 viewers were also moved to the tune of $1,800.
The football tournament is next month in Orlando.
They still haven't reached their $40,000 goal.
Donations can be made to: http://www.gofundme.com/5fbexs
An account has also been set up at Wells Fargo:
C/O Bay Cities Bulldogs
san mateo, sports, wayne freedman
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 48 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill 30 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery...
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos