College of San Mateo inducts first HOF class
SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) -- The College of San Mateo is inducting its first class into the school's athletic hall of fame, led by Oakland Raiders legend John Madden.
Some big names have come through the College of San Mateo in its 90-year history. In addition to Madden and the late Bill Walsh, former 49er Bill Ring and longtime college and NFL coach Ted Tollner are part of this inaugural class.
"When you think about all the athletes and the coaches that have been here through the history of this school and this is the first class, it's a tremendous honor. And we got here a little bit early and looked around and I can't believe how special this place is. I kind of forgot. We went down by the football field and the baseball field and it's spectacular," said former Tollner.
san francisco 49ers, oakland raiders, san mateo, college
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 5 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition 9 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule 49 min ago
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water 30 min ago
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 29 min ago
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 10 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos