Stanford's first World Series team reunites
STANFORD, Calif. (KGO) -- The 1953 Stanford baseball team held their 60 year reunion on Sunday. 17 former players showed up to honor the team that put Stanford baseball on the map.
They were the first Stanford baseball team to make it the College World Series.
Back then the University of Southern California was the cream of the crop but Stanford beat the Trojans four straight times, which was a big milestone.
Their season and title hopes ended with a loss to the eventual champion Michigan Wolverines.
Nine of the team's former players went on to play professional baseball but the 80-year-olds will never forget their time on The Farm.
stanford cardinal, college baseball, mike shumann
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Broken water line in San Francisco's Lower Haight 7 min ago
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
30 min ago