Cal hires former Stanford coach
BERKELEY, CA -- Cal has hired former Stanford coach Mike Montgomery to replace the fired Ben Braun.
The school says Montgomery will be officially introduced at a news conference on campus on Saturday.
Montgomery spent 18 years with the Cardinal. He's been out of coaching since August 2006 when he was let go after two seasons in the NBA with the Golden State Warriors. He has announced college games and been an assistant athletic director at Stanford while still collecting money from the final two years of his contract with Golden State.
Braun was fired last week after 12 seasons as coach when the Bears missed the NCAA tournament for the fourth time in five years.
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 12 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85 25 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 16 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack 57 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
12 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
16 min ago