California 72, Utah 69
SALT LAKE CITY -- Jerome Randle scored 21 points and hit a 3-pointer with 6.1 seconds left to lead Cal to a 72-69 win over Utah on Wednesday night.
Patrick Christopher and Theo Robertson added 17 points apiece for the Golden Bears (7-2), but Christopher nearly cost Cal the victory.
His intentional foul on Utah's Carlon Brown with just under a minute left in the game allowed the Utes to score three straight points and tie the game 69-69 with 40 seconds left.
Cal ran down most of the clock before Randle hit the game-winning shot.
Luke Nevill led Utah (5-3) with 18 points, while Tyler Kepkay added 17 and Brown had 15.
The Utes, who defeated Cal last season in the last second, played without starting point guard Luka Drca, who was out with a sprained ankle.
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday