Cal men's basketball prepares for road ahead
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- The Cal men's basketball team is tied for first place in the Pac-12 and can capture the first Pac-12 regular season crown, if they win three road games: Utah, Colorado, and Stanford.
After Saturday's victory over Oregon State at Haas Pavilion, the Bears hit the road for their final three games starting Thursday in Utah. The Pac-12 regular season title is Cal's to win if they can bag all three as they own the tie breaker against Washington.
"They're getting closer to their goal. I don't know that Washington's going to lose again, so that means for us to finish in first, we're probably going to have to win all three games and that's going to be really hard," said Cal head coach Mike Montgomery.
The Bears were 17-1 at Haas this season, but 5-5 away from home. Road games at this time of year can be even tougher, according to last week's Pac-12 player of the week Cal point guard Justin Cobbs.
"It's probably senior night for a lot of these games, so those seniors are going to be hyped and the crowds are going to be into the games so it's going to be a tough environment so we got to do what we got to do to pull out a win," said Cobbs.
The run for the Pac-12 title starts in Utah, who is 5-21, but everyone's dangerous at home.
cal bears, ncaa bb, mike shumann
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers 3 min ago
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Outkast, The Cure to headline BottleRock in Napa
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Uber insurance policy; BottleRock lineup 20 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos