W. Michigan's Stainbrook transfers to Xavier
Matt Stainbrook, a 6-foot-9 starting center at Western Michigan last season, is transferring to Xavier.CINCINNATI -- Matt Stainbrook, a 6-foot-9 starting center at Western Michigan last season, is transferring to Xavier.
Musketeers coach Chris Mack announced Wednesday he has received the signed scholarship papers for Stainbrook, who will be eligible as a redshirt junior beginning with the 2013-14 season. He will be eligible to play two more seasons after sitting out next season due to transfer rules.
Stainbrook played in 33 games as a sophomore this past season, starting 28 times. He led Western Michigan in rebounding (6.8 per game) and was second on the team in scoring at 11.4 points a game while shooting 58 percent from the field.
Xavier loses four starters from last year's team that went 23-13 and lost to Baylor 75-70 in an NCAA regional semifinal.
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves 17 min ago
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Plan to cut down trees in East Bay Hills under review
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos