Georgia Tech guard Heyward suffers ACL tear
Georgia Tech coach Brian Gregory says guard Corey Heyward is expected to miss the 2012-13 season after tearing a ligament in his left knee in a pickup game.ATLANTA -- Georgia Tech coach Brian Gregory says guard Corey Heyward is expected to miss the 2012-13 season after tearing a ligament in his left knee in a pickup game.
Heyward, a former standout at Peachtree Ridge High School in the Atlanta area, signed with Georgia Tech after spending one year at Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia.
Gregory on Monday said Heyward tore his left anterior cruciate ligament on Thursday and will have surgery in the next two weeks. The recovery period usually takes up to a year.
Heyward enrolled at Georgia Tech for summer semester.
Gregory says Heyward's injury is "a temporary setback."
- Overhead wire problems disrupt service on Muni 54 min ago
- UK officials: Radical Islam drives London attack 33 min ago
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 49ers Michael Crabtree tears right Achilles tendon
- IRS official Lois Lerner: I did nothing wrong
- Arias jury deadlocked but must keep deliberating
- Snacking deputy's crash costs Santa Clara Co. $5M
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos