Clemson, Georgia set for '13 Charleston Classic
Inaugural Charleston Classic champion Clemson will return to the tournament in 2013.CHARLESTON, S.C. -- Inaugural Charleston Classic champion Clemson will return to the tournament in 2013.
The field will also include Georgia, Nebraska, New Mexico, UAB and Temple. Tournament officials announced six of the eight participating teams on Friday. The final two teams and the exact dates of the event at TD Arena will be announced later on.
Clemson won the first Charleston Classic in 2008, defeating Hofstra, TCU and Temple on the way to the title. Ex-Tigers star Trevor Booker, now with the Washington Wizards, was named the tournament MVP.
Other winners of the Charleston Classic were Miami in 2009, Georgetown in 2010 and Northwestern a season ago.
No. 16 Baylor headlines this year's tournament, which concludes with Sunday's championship game.
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond 13 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos