Clemson, Georgia set for '13 Charleston Classic
Inaugural Charleston Classic champion Clemson will return to the tournament in 2013.CHARLESTON, S.C. -- Inaugural Charleston Classic champion Clemson will return to the tournament in 2013.
The field will also include Georgia, Nebraska, New Mexico, UAB and Temple. Tournament officials announced six of the eight participating teams on Friday. The final two teams and the exact dates of the event at TD Arena will be announced later on.
Clemson won the first Charleston Classic in 2008, defeating Hofstra, TCU and Temple on the way to the title. Ex-Tigers star Trevor Booker, now with the Washington Wizards, was named the tournament MVP.
Other winners of the Charleston Classic were Miami in 2009, Georgetown in 2010 and Northwestern a season ago.
No. 16 Baylor headlines this year's tournament, which concludes with Sunday's championship game.
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos