Clemson, Georgia set for '13 Charleston Classic
Inaugural Charleston Classic champion Clemson will return to the tournament in 2013.CHARLESTON, S.C. -- Inaugural Charleston Classic champion Clemson will return to the tournament in 2013.
The field will also include Georgia, Nebraska, New Mexico, UAB and Temple. Tournament officials announced six of the eight participating teams on Friday. The final two teams and the exact dates of the event at TD Arena will be announced later on.
Clemson won the first Charleston Classic in 2008, defeating Hofstra, TCU and Temple on the way to the title. Ex-Tigers star Trevor Booker, now with the Washington Wizards, was named the tournament MVP.
Other winners of the Charleston Classic were Miami in 2009, Georgetown in 2010 and Northwestern a season ago.
No. 16 Baylor headlines this year's tournament, which concludes with Sunday's championship game.
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos