Police investigate USC players involved in fight
Police have confirmed they are investigating two Southern California basketball players over a series of fights in Spokane, Wash., on March 10.SPOKANE, Wash. -- Police have confirmed they are investigating two Southern California basketball players over a series of fights in Spokane, Wash., on March 10.
Police declined to release the names of the two players.
USC officials had said last week they had suspended starting center Dewayne Dedmon and backup big man James Blasczyk for violating an unspecified team rule. At the time, interim coach Bob Cantu said the program was aware of an investigation in Spokane and declined to comment further.
Neither player has been arrested or charged in the incidents.
Spokane police say they will travel to Southern California to interview the players.
The fights in the downtown area early on March 10 sent four people to the hospital. The Trojans were staying in Spokane following a loss to Washington State in Pullman.
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail 31 min ago
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 6 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos