Saunders turns down Gophers job, source says
ESPN analyst and former NBA coach Flip Saunders has turned down a job offer from the Minnesota Golden Gophers to be their next head coach, a source told ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Saturday.
ESPN analyst and former NBA coach Flip Saunders has turned down an offer from Minnesota to be the next head coach at his alma mater, a source with direct knowledge told ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Saturday.
Minnesota is searching to fill a vacancy created when Tubby Smith was fired Monday, a day after the Gophers lost to Florida in the NCAA tournament. Smith coached six seasons for Minnesota.
Minnesota had also targeted Virginia Commonwealth's Shaka Smart, Iowa State's Fred Hoiberg and Butler's Brad Stevens to no avail, with Smart and Hoiberg agreeing to new contracts at their current schools.
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space 47 min ago
- Cronut creator invents 'shots' of milk and cookies
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media...
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos