FGCU hires KU assistant Dooley as coach
Florida Gulf Coast has hired Joe Dooley as its new basketball coach.FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Florida Gulf Coast has hired Kansas assistant Joe Dooley as its new basketball coach, the school announced Wednesday.
Dooley replaces Andy Enfield, who left earlier this month to take the head coaching job at USC.
Under Enfield, FGCU became the first No. 15 seed to reach the round of 16 in the NCAA tournament. The Eagles upset Georgetown and San Diego State before losing to Florida.
Dooley has spent the past 10 seasons as an assistant on Bill Self's staff at Kansas. In that time, the Jayhawks produced 300 wins, nine straight Big 12 regular-season titles and six Big 12 tournament championships. They've reached the round of 16 six times, five regional finals and two Final Fours. They won the national title in 2008.
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major BART delays due to Balboa Park station incident 56 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos