Alabama SG Lacey will transfer from program
Alabama sophomore Trevor Lacey will transfer from the basketball program after being granted his release by coach Anthony Grant, the school announced Tuesday.TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama sophomore Trevor Lacey will transfer from the basketball program after being granted his release by coach Anthony Grant, the school announced Tuesday.
The 6-foot-3 shooting guard from nearby Huntsville, Ala., led the Crimson Tide in assists (115) while finishing second in points per game (11.3) and steals (51) last season.
Lacey said it was a "family decision" in order to pursue "other opportunities" in a joint statement through the school. He was a top-50 player coming out of high school, according to the ESPN 100, and chose Alabama over offers from Kentucky, Kansas and Auburn.
"This definitely was not an easy decision to make," he said. "It's been great at Alabama during my two years. It was tough my freshman year coming off surgery and having to work my way back. I wanted to improve during my sophomore season and I thought I did that. I want to thank the coaches and staff, my teammates and all the fans for their support."
"I enjoyed having the opportunity to coach Trevor for the two years he was here," Grant said. "We certainly wish him the best of luck as he continues to pursue his education and his basketball career."
Lacey was the only player on the Crimson Tide to start all 36 contests this past season. During his two seasons in Tuscaloosa, Lacey played in 69 games while making 52 starts, averaging 9.3 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.5 assists.
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major BART delays due to Balboa Park station incident
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos