Jordan signs 1st recruit as Rutgers coach
Eddie Jordan has signed his first recruit at Rutgers.
PISCATAWAY, N.J. -- Eddie Jordan has signed his first recruit at Rutgers.
The new coach announced Thursday that guard-forward Craig Brown has signed a letter of intent to play for the Scarlet Knights.
Brown averaged 18.0 points and 8.0 rebounds as a sophomore last season at Broward College in Davie, Fla. The 6-foot-5 Miami native had averaged 20.5 points, 7.4 rebounds and 2.1 assists the previous season.
Jordan calls Brown a "high-character young man who works hard, both in the gym and in the classroom. He is a physical, do-it-all type of player that will bring experience to the roster."
Jordan was introduced as the new coach of the scandal-marred program on Tuesday. He replaced Mike Rice, who was fired after videos showed him throwing balls at players and using slurs.
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos