Chol leaving Arizona after sophomore season
Arizona forward Angelo Chol is transferring after seeing his minutes decline last season as a sophomore.TUCSON, Ariz. -- Arizona forward Angelo Chol is transferring after seeing his minutes decline last season as a sophomore.
Chol has yet to decide which school to transfer to, according to the school.
A 6-foot-9 power forward, Chol was part of coach Sean Miller's stellar 2011 recruiting class and was a regular in the rotation as a freshman.
But Miller signed another top recruiting class before last season, one that included three of the top incoming big men, and Chol's minutes dropped.
Chol averaged 1.9 points in 28 games in 2012-13, playing 8.5 minutes per game.
Forward Grant Jerrett, part of Arizona's 2012 class, declared for the NBA draft last month.
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 28 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash 6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos