Parker signs letter of intent to play at Duke
Top recruit Jabari Parker has signed his letter of intent to play at Duke.
DURHAM, N.C. -- Top recruit Jabari Parker has signed his letter of intent to play at Duke.
The school announced Parker's signing Thursday -- more than four months after he picked the Blue Devils over Michigan State, Florida, Stanford and BYU during a nationally televised ceremony in Chicago.
Because that decision came in December after the conclusion of the fall signing period, Parker had to wait until the spring signing period began April 17 to make it official.
The 6-foot-8 forward is one of the most highly touted recruits in years, earning a top-five ranking from the four major recruiting services.
He's the first two-time Illinois Mr. Basketball winner and led Simeon Career Academy to four straight state championships.
Coach Mike Krzyzewski says his staff is "confident he will have a great career."
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85 28 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 19 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
15 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos